- "A joke a day keeps the gloom away!"
- ―The Joker[src]
The Joker is one of the Dynamic Duo's four most recurring foes. He enjoys pranks and jokes amidst committing his crimes. He appears to be an older man in his late 50's, with pale skin, green hair and red lips. Joker always appears this way, even when he's incarcerated in Gotham State Penitentiary with other prisoners. His behavior is similar to the Riddler, but he seems not to care as much for outwitting Batman.
Joker claimed to be a hypnotist when he was younger. Now he's a criminal.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Shame used a laughing gas as a weapon but for reasons unknown Joker never did.
- Romero refused to shave off his famous mustache for the part of the Joker, so there are many times throughout the series that you can see it beneath his white makeup.
- Unlike modern depictions, the Joker is mostly harmless and has no special relationship with Batman as his "arch-nemeisis" or anything like that.
- Of all the villains of the series, Joker is perhaps the most keen to unmask Batman while caught in a death trap. Joker is not one of the two villains who manage to discover Batman's secret identity.